Their new GK gymnastics leotards were a big hit at the competition!!
Coming Soon: the NEW Fall-Winter Workout Essentials catalog from GK featuring gymnastics apparel from the industry's leader, GK Elite Sportswear!
This all new catalog will be available September 26 through February 1 and offers the latest fall-winter collections, featuring Nastia Liukin Leotards, Shawn Johnson Leotards, and our popular GKids Collection, made for little gymnasts everywhere. With over 50 styles to choose from, GK offers the more variety than any other gymnastic leotard manufacturer!
There is something for everyone in the new Fall-Winter collection, so be the first to check it out on Monday, September 26th. You won't want to miss out on over 20 value priced gymnastics leotards under $30! With the largest variety and great affordability, be sure to order your new gymnastic apparel today.
GK. Choice of Champions.
While you're at National Congress, come see GK's exhibit, Evolution of a Leotard, at the Excel Center from Wednesday, August 17 through Saturday, August 20. You'll learn all about the various steps it takes to bring a gymnastics leotard from the designer’s original concept to the finished gymnastics leotard you see in the GK catalog. Read more about these fun & interesting steps here.
PLUS, as a special bonus Nastia Liukin will be at the Evolution of a Leotard exhibit on Friday, August 19 from 3:00-4:00 pm and Saturday, August 20 from 5:30-6:00 pm to show you some of her newest line of GK gymnastics leotards and sign autographs for her fans.
Inspiration of a Leotard
An inspiration board of the many places a designer can get ideas for new designs and colors.
Sketches of a Leotard
Several sketches are made to bring the designers mental images to life.
Pattern Making of a Leotard
A sample of what the pattern used to cut out the leotard for sewing looks like.
Cutting the Fabric of a Leotard
Shows all the individual pieces in a leotard before it is sent to sewing.
The Finished Leotard
What the finished product looks like, including all the necessary tags and instructions.
Congratulations to Sarah Ellingboe for winning the GK Color Your Leo contest! A custom replica of Sarah's competitive gymnastics leotard design will be on display at the 2011 National Congress in St Paul, Minnesota later this month!
As the Grand Prize Winner, Sarah will also receive 4 All-session VIP tickets and 4 Hospitality passes for the 2011 Visa Championships, an invitation to model the leotard at the GK Elite Fashion Show in Saint Paul and a spot in the 2011 Visa Championships program guide which features her leotard!
Congratulations and great job Sarah!
If your child’s goal is to make it to the Elite level of gymnastics and even receive a full gymnastics college scholarship, choosing the BEST gymnastics program for your child is the first step to success. Putting your child in gymnastics requires family dedication and may involve tough family decisions. Families may have to make a sacrifice and decide to move out of state for their child to get the best gymnastics experience they can possibly get. Here are helpful hints to choosing the BEST gymnastics program: 1.
2. A top coaching staff will have individual top accolades:
A. Coach of the Year
B. Olympic Coach
C. Led gymnasts on to;
1. Receive Full College Scholarships
2. Become National Team Members
3. Become Olympic Team Members
4. Become World Championship Team Members.
3. A top program would have been voted top gymnastics facility in the area, state or even country.
4. A great facility will have top of the line equipment and will also have many different sets of each gymnastics event.
5. A program that offers Men’s gymnastics, Women’s gymnastics, Cheerleading and Special Olympic Programs.
6. A program that offers gymnastics to children age 1 and UP. Beginning in a program, and growing up in the same program is a huge benefit for a gymnast.
7. A program that offer dance lessons for gymnasts. Dance is an essential tool for all gymnasts.
8. The top programs will have a mission to provide boys and girls with the opportunity to experience the joy and benefits of gymnastics while becoming part of a gymnastics family.
9. The program must be committed to helping a gymnast to be the best they can be.
10. A program that offers financial scholarships.
Here are helpful hints to choosing the BEST gymnastics program:
1.A top gymnastics program will have a coaching staff who has had many years of experience competing in the top levels of gymnastics and also coaching top gymnasts in the country.