How to Measure For a Gymnastics Leotard
While other manufacturers cast uncertainty on ordering the right size gymnastics leotard, GK has it narrowed down to a science. If you’re unsure about your size, particularly if you’re unable to try it on, you can relax. As long as you have the proper measurements, you can certainly figure out what size you need to order. Below are steps to show you how to measure for a gymnastics leotard.
How to Measure for a Gymnastics Leotard:
- Chest Measurement: Take this measurement when you are taking a deep breath, arms held out at shoulder height.
- Waist Measurement: Take this measurement at the natural waistline – reference the photo to the right to understand this placement.
- Hip Measurement: Take this measurements around the fullest part of the buttocks.
- Torso Measurement: Take this one from the center of the shoulder, down the front, through the crotch, and up the back to the starting point.
- Inseam Measurement: This is the measurement that is the length of the leg from the crotch to one inch above the floor. Measure in stocking feet.
Now that you’ve measured, you’ll want to follow two simple steps to make sure that your garment fits the way you would like it to fit:
- Select the row of measurements that best represents your size. If all your measurements do not fall within the same row, use the row that represents your largest measurements. (Note: Your torso measurement is the most important measurement followed by the chest and hip measurements; the least important is waist).
- Choose the type of fit you would like.
- Sleek Fit – We consider this our competition fit – fits like second skin.
- Growing Room – We consider this our workout fit – with a little room for growth.
Girl’s/Women’s Size Chart-Gymnastics(inches)
|Chest||Waist||Hip||Torso||Inseam||Sleek Fit||Growing Room|
Once you’ve measured, it’s time to place an order. CLICK HERE TO SHOP AND ORDER NOW!
Join us on Facebook and tell us about your experience with ordering from our catalog and how you went about selecting the size that worked for you.
Of course, you can a
lways submit your leotard story whatever it may be and we’ll share it on our blog with other readers just like you!